Library 100 will help you to:
Find information in books, articles, and websites efficiently and effectively.
Evaluate the information you find in a number of ways, including how relevant it is to your research, how credible it is, how persuasive it is, and how current it is.
Use a wide variety of compelling information strategically and ethically to support arguments in your assignments.
We will reflect together throughout the semester on how you use information to complete academic assignments and in your daily life.
Weekly Exercises and Homework (15 points)
Annotated Bibliography Essay #1 MLA citation and annotation for one website (10 points)
Annotated Bibliography Essay #2 MLA citations and annotations for 3 articles: 1 encyclopedia article from Gale Virtual Reference Library, 1 scholarly article from Academic Search Premier, and 1 article of your choice (scholarly journal, magazine, or newspaper) (20 points)
Annotated Bibliography Essay #3 MLA citations and annotations for 2 books: 1 book and 1 reference book (20 points)
MLA Quiz (10 points)
Final Annotated Bibliography for Online Portfolio This should include every annotated bibliography that you have created for every assignment, as well as any sources you use for your final essay for ESL 400 (10 points)
Final Reflection for Online Portfolio (10 points)
Final Presentation of Online Portfolio (5 points)
- Week 1: What is Research?
- Week 2: Unit I -- Websites
- Week 3 : Unit I -- Websites
- Week 4: Unit I -- Websites
- Week 5: Unit I -- Websites
- Week 6: Unit II -- Periodicals
- Week 7: Unit II -- Article Databases
- Week 8: Unit II -- Article Databases
- Week 9: Unit II -- Article Databases
- Week 10: Primary Sources
- Week 11: Unit III -- Books
- Week 12: Unit III -- Books
- Week 13: Unit III -- Books
- Week 14: MLA Quiz I
- Week 15: MLA Quiz II
- Week 16: Online Portfolio -- Final Annotated Bibliography
- Week 17: Online Portfolio -- Final Reflection & Presentation