1. Make a list of keywords related to your topic. For example:
Topic: Girls in Sports
Keywords: gender, sex, women, girls, Title 9, discrimination, athletics, athletes, sports programs
If you need help finding keywords look your topic up in Gale Virtual Reference Library and Wikipedia.
2. Use your keywords to find articles on your topic in Academic Search Premier, Opposing Viewpoints, and CQ Researcher.
3. Try doing a Super Search! Use your keywords to find books + articles from multiple databases in Super Search.
4. Try doing some Advanced Google Searching on your topic. Evaluate your results by asking:
- Who is the author?
- Why was it written -- for what purpose, organization, or audience?
- When was it written?
- Where does their information come from? Are there references or a works cited list?
5. Cite your sources using EasyBib, The OWL, or Diana Hacker.