Welcome to Cañada College Library, ESL 924 students!
Image Source: http://techtipsandlife.blogspot.com/
What are the advantages and disadvantages of social media?
What will we learn about today?
1. The benefits of getting a library card!
2. Learn about all the resources available at the library
3. Making a reference appointment with a Librarian
4. Using the library catalog
5. Learn how to research using library databases to support your argument with facts
6. Register for an Easybib account to help with Works Cited
Do you have a Library Card?
You can use any San Mateo County library card at Cañada College Library.
With a library card you can check out books and access online databases from off-campus
with your library card barcode and PIN number. Have any questions? Ask us at the circulation desk!
Phone: (650) 306-3267
Fall Semester Hours:
Mon.-Thurs.: 8 am - 9 pm
Friday: 8 am - 3 pm
Saturday: 10 am - 2 pm
Textbooks on Reserve Ask at the front desk. Usually only for using in the library for 2 hours.
Computers The library has over 70 free-use computers. Just sit down and start!
Databases Find scholarly articles from science journals in our online databases!