Welcome to Cañada College Library, READ 836 students!
Image from: http://theviewspaper.net/
What will we learn about today?
1. Review types of articles: newspaper, magazine, blog, web based, academic articles
2. Review of searching databases: Gale Power Search and Newspaper Source Plus
3. What's a credible source? What are some criteria for evaluating sources? The C.R.A.A. P. test
4. How do we apply these criteria to a Google/internet search?
5. Group exercise evaluating sources
6. Leave confident about evaluating articles!
Phone: (650) 306-3267
Fall/Spring Semester Hours:
Mon.-Thurs.: 8 am - 9 pm
Friday: 8 am - 3 pm
Saturday: 10 am - 2 pm
Textbooks on Reserve Ask at the front desk. Usually only for using in the library for 2 hours.
Computers The library has over 70 free-use computers. Just sit down and start!
Databases Find scholarly articles from science journals in our online databases!