How do I request an item from the Library?
- Please see "Step 1 Request Library Items" tab in this Curbside Guide.
I submitted my requests, how long until my items are ready?
- You will receive a library notification once your item(s) are pulled and are ready to pick up. Once ready, then you can schedule a pickup appointment.
- We will make every effort to get library items out to students in a timely manner. Due to safety procedures and quarantining of items, it may take a bit longer to prepare items for checkout. Your safety is worth it! Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Can I request Course Reserves books?
- Yes, students are able to request books from Library Course Reserves and the Learning Center Course Reserves.
- The checkout for all course reserves are semester long and due in December.
- We encourage students to share high demand course reserves by turning items in once finished to share course reserve resources with their classmates.
Am I limited to items in Cañada Library's collections?
- Students, faculty, and staff are able to request items from Cañada Library only.
- If you would like items from CSM please go to their website to request an item from their collection. Please click here for more information.
I received a notice my items are ready for pickup, what do I do next?
- Once you receive a notification that your library items are ready, your will have 10 business days to schedule an appointment and pick-up your items. If you do not pick-up your items during this window, items will be cancelled and returned to the library shelf and made available to other students.
How long do I have to pick up my items once I receive the notification my items are ready?
- Once you receive a notification your library items are ready, your will have 10 business days to schedule an appointment pick-up day/time.
- If you do not pick-up your item during this window, items will be cancelled, returned to the library shelf and made available to other students.
What are Cañada Curbside Pickup/Return days?
During our launch and the month of September, curbside pickup days and times are as follows (stay tuned for set days and times which will be posted here):
Monday 11:00 AM- 4:00 PM
Tuesday 10:00 AM- 3:00 PM
Wednesday 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Thursday 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Excluding holidays and holiday long weekends.
Can I return my books/items/technology?
- Technology, books, and items require an appointment for returns throughout the semester. There are will also be designated ‘Return Days’ at the end of the semester.
- Please see the Returning Items section for details.
How long are checkout times for Library items?
- All Cañada Library books and technology are semester long check-out for Fall 2020.