Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Textbooks & Course Reserves
Your textbooks are available through libraries for free here in Course Reserves, textbooks the library checks out to students for short periods of time, usually two hours but often one day, three days or one week. Open Library, a website that makes older books available for online checkout, also has a copy.
Welcome to the Cañada College Library!
- The Library is on the 3rd floor of Building 9.
- Librarians can help you find the articles you need for your assignments and help you cite your sources correctly.
- The library's desktop computers do not require a login and do not have a time limit.
- The library has printers, copiers, calculators and a book scanner.
- Group study rooms can be reserved up to one week ahead and you can meet with classmates in the library classroom.
- Check out textbooks from the library's Course Reserves.
- Log in to the library catalog using the same login you use for Canvas. Students no longer need a PLS library card.
- The library is open every day except Sunday. Hours are Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. to 9 p.m., Fridays, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. and Saturdays, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. In summer, the library is open Mondays through Thursdays, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. only.
Make an Appointment with a Librarian
You can visit the reference desk and get research and citation support anytime, but if you want to secure an appointment with a librarian you can fill out this form to meet with a librarian.
Make an appointment with a librarian.