Click on this link and as you read "Get the Facts", ask yourself these questions:
- What is the purpose of this page?
- Does the page present factual information?
- Does it present a complete picture? What is NOT mentioned?
Next, scan this article from Forbes magazine, then read the information at the end about the author.
- What is the author's area of expertise, and is it really relevant to the topic?
- Are there any other clues that suggest that the author might have a bias or ulterior motive in writing this piece?
- Then think about the source. What can you tell about Forbes' main audience - and is that audience's opinions about global warming likely to be impartial?