Please start by taking this Survey. See Survey Results Here.
- What is research?
- Why do research?
- How can librarians help?
- Research Process. Pre-research to the finished product (time management)
Overview of Library Website
Working with librarians
- When to contact a librarian
- Visting the reference desk / making an appointment
- Databases. Which databases to recommend for which topics (Activity: use GVRL to find an overview of a topic)
- Catalog. How to search catalog (keyword, author, title, subject, advanced): (Activity: find books on the same topic
- Super Search. When to use it, advanced searching, refining results. (Activity: find a range of sources on the same topic)
- Google techniques. Advanced Google, limited domain, Google Books, Google Scholar, Google News (Activity: find e-resources via Google techniques on topic)
- Wikipedia. Appropriate use of Wikipedia (Activity: Discuss the ways to use Wikipedia on topic
- Evaluating database results (Activity: evaluate results from one database on topic; evaluate database results from Super Search on topic)
- Website evaluation. CRAAP test. (Activity: Find a website on the topic at hand and evaluate it using CRAAP test.)
- EasyBib. (Activity: Cite one or two of the above sources.)
- Citation guides (Take a look at Diana Hacker’s guides, esp. the example research paper