Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Student Assistant Duties
- Answer a variety of patron questions - ranging from directional, library related, etc.
- Answer phones
- Manage the front desk independently while supervising staff are unavailable
- Assisting patrons with printing and scanning
- Search for library material using library's operating system and online catalog
- Work with and maintain library patron privacy
- Check library materials in and out
- Check book drops
- Pull books from daily holds list
- Search for lost books
- Sort books on carts and shelve
- Maintain shelves: dust, straighten, and shelf-read
- Assist with processing library materials
- Clear tables and chairs of items not in use
- Straighten and maintain periodicals area
- Maintain study space and library classroom
- Cleaning library laptops and computers
- Provide assistance to students with email, WebSmart, and Canvas
- Deliver materials to faculty mailboxes
- Assist library staff with special projects
Library Materials and Locations
Reference materials are in the front of the library and have a REF sticker on the spine of the item.
Children's Collection is in the front of the library. A FAM sticker appears on the spine or the front of the item.
Spanish and Bilingual Collection is located in the front of the library, next to the children's collection. A SPAN sticker appears on the spine of the item.
ESL Collection is near the Children's Collection near the front of the library.
DVDs and Videos are in the Textbook Reserve Collection or in black horizontal cabinets near the computers.
Periodicals are on the shelves in the back of the library near the east wall near the study rooms.