Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Librarians offer research help online
Although the campus is closed, librarians are available online the same hours as before:
• Mondays-Thursdays, 8 a.m.-9 p.m.
• Fridays, 8 a.m.-3 p.m.
• Saturdays, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
Library workshops & events
Drop in on Zoom workshops on citations in MLA and APA, plagiarism, searching databases, evaluating sources and library orientations in Spanish.
How to Use OneSearch on the Cañada College Library homepage
New York Times (NYTimes.com) Pass Activation & Log In Instructions
NYT Registration (First-time Users):
- While on-campus or off-campus, go HERE
- Log in with your OneLogin credentials
- On the NYT registration page, click "Create Account"
- Choose how you want to log into your NYTimes account (Google, Facebook, Apple, or input your email address)
- Click "Create Account"
- Check inbox for confirmation email
- You have successfully claimed a Pass when you see the Start Your Access screen.
- Now you can have full access to NYTimes.com and NYT mobile apps just by logging into your NYTimes.com account:
- Visit nytimes.com/mobile to download your free NYT apps.
New York Times access through database
Gale General OneFile provides access to an unprecedented number of general reference magazines and key serials in a single resource. This database is useful to users conducting general reference queries, business searches, and current event research. The addition of a browse-by-subject feature allows users to easily view content of interest on the most popular and most-searched topics within several distinct categories, including news, current events, health, and computers and technology.
Adjunct Faculty Librarian