Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Welcome to the Cañada College Library!
- The Library is on the 3rd floor of Building 9.
- Librarians can help you find the articles you need for your assignments and help you cite your sources correctly.
- The library's desktop computers do not require a login and do not have a time limit.
- The library has printers, copiers, calculators and a book scanner.
- Group study rooms can be reserved up to one week ahead and you can meet with classmates in the library classroom.
- Check out textbooks from the library's Course Reserves.
- Log in to the library catalog using the same login you use for Canvas. Students no longer need a PLS library card.
- The library is open every day except Sunday. Hours are Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. to 9 p.m., Fridays, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. and Saturdays, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. In summer, the library is open Mondays through Thursdays, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. only.
Librarians offer research help online
Although the campus is closed, librarians are available online the same hours as before:
• Mondays-Thursdays, 8 a.m.-9 p.m.
• Fridays, 8 a.m.-3 p.m.
• Saturdays, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
Library workshops & events
Drop in on Zoom workshops on citations in MLA and APA, plagiarism, searching databases, evaluating sources and library orientations in Spanish.
New York Times access through database
Gale General OneFile provides access to an unprecedented number of general reference magazines and key serials in a single resource. This database is useful to users conducting general reference queries, business searches, and current event research. The addition of a browse-by-subject feature allows users to easily view content of interest on the most popular and most-searched topics within several distinct categories, including news, current events, health, and computers and technology.
How to Use OneSearch on the Cañada College Library homepage
New York Times (NYTimes.com) Pass Activation & Log In Instructions
NYT Registration (First-time Users):
- While on-campus or off-campus, go HERE
- Log in with your OneLogin credentials
- On the NYT registration page, click "Create Account"
- Choose how you want to log into your NYTimes account (Google, Facebook, Apple, or input your email address)
- Click "Create Account"
- Check inbox for confirmation email
- You have successfully claimed a Pass when you see the Start Your Access screen.
- Now you can have full access to NYTimes.com and NYT mobile apps just by logging into your NYTimes.com account:
- Visit nytimes.com/mobile to download your free NYT apps.