Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Welcome to the Cañada College Library!
- The Library is on the 3rd floor of Building 9.
- Librarians can help you find the articles you need for your assignments and help you cite your sources correctly.
- The library's desktop computers do not require a login and do not have a time limit.
- The library has printers, copiers, calculators and a book scanner.
- Group study rooms can be reserved up to one week ahead and you can meet with classmates in the library classroom.
- Check out textbooks from the library's Course Reserves.
- Log in to the library catalog using the same login you use for Canvas. Students no longer need a PLS library card.
- The library is open every day except Sunday. Hours are Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. to 9 p.m., Fridays, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. and Saturdays, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. In summer, the library is open Mondays through Thursdays, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. only.
COMM 100 Public Speaking
Print and Electronic Resources – Find books, articles, and websites for your class assignments.
Textbooks on Reserve – Ask at the front desk. Usually only for using in the library for 2 hours.
Computers – The library has over 70 free-use computers. Just sit down and start!
Study Space – make use of tables, carrels, groups study rooms or the silent study room.