Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Welcome to the Cañada College Library!
- The Library is on the 3rd floor of Building 9.
- Librarians can help you find the articles you need for your assignments and help you cite your sources correctly.
- The library's desktop computers do not require a login and do not have a time limit.
- The library has printers, copiers, calculators and a book scanner.
- Group study rooms can be reserved up to one week ahead and you can meet with classmates in the library classroom.
- Check out textbooks from the library's Course Reserves.
- Log in to the library catalog using the same login you use for Canvas. Students no longer need a PLS library card.
- The library is open every day except Sunday. Hours are Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. to 9 p.m., Fridays, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. and Saturdays, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. In summer, the library is open Mondays through Thursdays, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. only.
Librarians offer research help online
Even though the library is closed, librarians are available online during the same hours:
- Mondays-Thursdays, 8 a.m.-9 p.m.
- Fridays, 8 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Saturdays, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
From the Cañada College Library homepage,
- get help right away through Ask-a-Librarian.
- Make an appointment for a Zoom meeting through the Ask-a-Librarian Zoom appointments icon.
- Sign up for Drop-in workshops on a variety of topics as well from the library's homepage.
- Get technology help through Support Services technology loans.
Academic Search Complete database
Academic Search Complete
Academic Search Complete is a multidisciplinary database and thus can be used to find information on research paper topics for any of your classes at Cañada College. This database includes newspaper articles, magazine articles, academic journal articles, images, and reports.
Commonly Used Citation Styles
Your librarians at Canada College have created quick guides with examples of the following commonly used citation styles.
The citation style usually depends on the academic discipline involved. Remember to always check with your professors first to find out which citation style they would like you to use:
Super Search is a "one-stop" search engine that searches across the library's catalog and many of our library's databases like Academic Search Complete, EBSCO eBooks, Psychology and Behavioral Sciences Collection, and Business Source Elite. Just type in your topic (keyword) and hit the search button to retrieve results. Results include: newspaper articles, magazine articles, academic journal articles, eBooks, and more.